Diversified Safety Services is looking for an experienced and responsible Safety Manager to join our team for a position in Bristow VA.
Safety Manager job description
Safety Professionals enforce and monitor adherence to health and safety polices, ensuring all safety credentials are maintained, supporting clients specific project needs and acting as a resource for all safety related requirements, including auditing, inspections and accident investigations as needed while guaranteeing the best practices are implemented, safety compliance requirements are met, and an improved safety culture and performance is delivered.
Safety Manager responsibilities:
- Preparing and enforcing policies to establish a culture of health and safety
- Designing effective safety programs, safety plans, job hazard analysis (JHA)
- Monitor safety compliance, and report safety issues and progress to superiors.
- Must identify potential hazards and recommend solutions and ways to prevent them from reoccurring.
- Conducts safety meetings, audits, and inspections to ensure compliance, evaluate performance, identify corrective action, and implement follow up assessments.
- Participates in team meetings and provides regular on-site project presence
- Guarantees that all work is performed in accordance with approved manuals, internal policies and procedures and contract documents.
- Conduct New Hire orientation for new safety managers
Safety Manager Requirements:
- Proven experience as a Safety Manager
- Understanding of OSHA guidelines and safety policies
- Ability in producing reports and developing relevant policies
- Extensive attention to detail to distinguish safety hazards
- Ability to provide detailed reports and develop safety procedures
- Good understanding of data analysis and risk assessment
- Good organizational, leadership and motivational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to recognize when safety conditions need improvement
- Ability to prioritize tasks especially when handling an accident or incident
Job Specific Qualifications
- 3-5 years of electrical safety oversight
- OSHA 30 hour
- OSHA 500
- Experience with onsite safety training
- Data center safety oversight
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org